Function: Shock absorbing sling designed to reduce peak loads in any climbing system!!
- Multi-functional energy absorbing device. Screamers will provide added protection in climbing and rescue situations. Screamers not only absorb energy directly because of the stitch ripping effect, but they also allow your rope to absorb more energy from the fall by increasing the time interval of the fall.
- Screamers can reduce shock loading in any rescue system. The standard Screamer can effectively reduce peak loads by 3-4kN in any climbing or rescue system. Screamers were originally designed to be used on less than ideal climbing protection such as small nuts, old 1/4" bolts, snow anchors or marginal protection. We have determined that the most effective activation for a standard screamer to be >2kN(550lbf.) for climbing related situations.
- The new ZIPPER Screamer is designed for long falls with high fall factors. These types of falls occur usually within the first two or three protection placements that are “run out”. Ice climbing is a good example where the ZIPPER is exceptionally effective when used on the first few placements. The ZIPPER can effectively reduce peak loads by 6-8kn in any climbing system. Screamers and Zippers have proven to be very successful in reducing loads to any anchor when it is stressed more than the activation force of the Screamer device. * When the Screamer activates, the action of the stitch ripping produces a loud tearing sound, indicating the system has reached the activation point of the Screamer(>2 kN). The activation point of a Screamer is consistently repeatable to +- 5% accuracy. (Screamers are very useful in documenting maximum loads in a given situation, such as their use in Rescue.) Screamers can be combined in series to double or triple the total absorption. Screamers can also be “ganged” to increase activation force and absorption.
- Standard SCREAMER, SHORTY, ICE-SCREAMS:
Activation: >2kN. Reduction in system peak loading 3-4kN. Runner Strength: 26kN.
- ZIPPER Screamer: Activation: >2kN. Reduction in system peak loading 4-8kN. Runner Strength:26kN.
- SCREAM AIDS: Activation:>1.5kN. Reduction in system peak loading 1.5-2kN. Runner Strength: 7kN. "use on extremely marginal aid placements only"