The classic trekking boot with a GORE-TEX lining and comfortable fit – for all types of adventures and all types of feet.
BLACK and BROWN available in-store and online. ASPHALT available online only.
Comfortable, robust and enormously versatile – an absolute trekking classic. The Alaska GTX copes with everything from day trips to demanding hikes and week-long outdoor trekking adventures. Thanks to its GORE-TEX lining, it keeps your feet dry even in mud and rain. This significantly reduces the risk of blisters. The high upper has a one-piece construction that stabilizes and protects the ankle area. Built to last: Even after many years of service the Alaska can easily be resoled ready for further use. The comfortable fit makes it the right choice for longer treks.
Recommended Products for Maintenance:
Black Boots: Nikwax Liquid Black or Cream Wax
Brown Boots: Nikwax Nubuck and Suede or Cream Wax
As an infantry soldier who lives close enough to the Rocky Mountains to go hiking on a weekend whenever the urge strikes me, I have spent my entire adult life in boots. Since 2007, those boots have exclusively been Alaskas. These things are beasts! I've put them through their paces for over a decade now and they have yet to let me down. Other than task-specific reasons (safety rating, extreme cold weather, etc.) I will never purchase anything else and I can't emphasize how highly I recommend these boots.
- Incredibly durable. Treat them right and they'll outlast your physical ability to beat them up. All I use is water to clean them and Nikwax to protect them and my oldest pair is 12 years old. DO NOT use kiwi boot polish! This crap eats away the adhesive holding the rubber to the leather.
- No break-in time. I completed a 13km rucksack march as a 220 lbs man with a 60 lbs pack in just under 2 hours less than a week after I purchased them without even a hot spot.
- Great traction. Edmonton in the winter and I've never fell... enough said. You want superior traction? Buy something with studs.
- They're expensive. However, you definitely get what you pay for in spades. Army folks: BOOTFORGEN reimbursement means you only pay like $60 with your military discount.
- They're warm in the summer. I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't sweat so this doesn't bother me. I wear them from the +30s to -20s celsius.
- They're heavy. Again, this doesn't bother me but it's the main issue I hear from other owners.